Frequently Asked Questions

What Materials CAN’T Go Into A Skip?

The following items are considered Hazardous Waste:

  • Asbestos
  • Paint
  • Tyres
  • Gas Bottles
  • Fridges
  • Freezers
  • TVs
  • Fluorescent Tubes
  • Light Bulbs
  • Vehicle Batteries

If you are disposing of any of the above, please give us a call and we can advise on the most cost-effective disposal.

What Materials CAN Go Into A Skip?

The following items are considered non-hazardous Waste:

  • Inert soils
  • Brick
  • Concrete
  • Wood
  • Metal
  • Cardboard
  • General household items

If you are uncertain if your waster is suitable for a skip, Please call us and we will advise.

Is My Waste Recycled?

Our company adheres to the Waste Management Hierarchy policy issued by the Environmental Agency. Every effort is made to recycle the highest percentage of returned waste minimising the volume sent to landfill.

How Long Can I Keep The Skip?

The time period is two weeks from the date of delivery, if you need an extended period please call our service team to agree.

How Do I Apply For A Skip Permit?

If you wish to have a builder’s skip or container located on the public highway, it is necessary for the skip or container to be covered by a local Highway Authority licence. We will arrange for the necessary permit prior to delivery of your Skip. There will be an additional fee applicable dependent of the local Kent authority fees.